A super easy salmon recipe that tastes great, and is simple to make. I always feel light after eating it, it’s so easy to prepare and the clean up is so little I just keep coming back to it.
- 2 salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons organic honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Fresh parsley
- 2 lime slices
- Preheat the oven to 190c
- Line a baking tray with aluminum foil, enough to wrap the fillets over
- Prepare sauce by mixing honey, soy sauce, and lime juice into a small bowl
- Lightly salt the fillets, and cover in sauce
- (Optional) Place a lime slice on each fillet and garnish with parsley
- Cover fillets with foil, and bake in oven for 15-20 minutes.
There you have it, a delicious and light meal. For a full clean meal, add 50g of a complex carbohydrate such as quinoa or couscous, and 250g of vegetables (steamed, boiled, or stir fried).
Hope you enjoy!
Tip: If you want to have this the next day for lunch, keep the salmon separate to your vegetables (in different containers). Once it’s time for your lunch, heat up your vegetables and your choice of carbs, then dice up the salmon and add it in cold. I’m not a big fan of reheating salmon, and I think my colleagues appreciate me not stinking up the office!